This information-packed annual update will alert 1099-MISC filers to changes in IRS forms, instructions and guidance that affect your reporting for payments made in 2018 – and it includes a recap of “what’s reportable” that will bring those who are new to 1099 reporting up to speed for 1099-MISC compliance. Your essential Form 1099 Year-end Update for 2018 will cover:
- The hot issues: Meeting the continuing challenge of the January 31 IRS filing due date for all 1099-MISC forms that report an amount in box 7 “nonemployee compensation” – hear the latest in IRS instructions and guidance including NEW required IRS procedure for any box 7 forms filed after January 31 .
- The basics for 2018: Deadline dates for sending recipient statements; IRS due dates for payment types not included in the box 7 “nonemployee compensation” mandate; methods of 1099 filing; extensions of IRS due dates; essential data to identify and verify in your records before year-end
- Recap: Box-by-box review of what’s reportable on the 1099-MISC
- Electronic IRS Filing: Updates from IRS Publication 1220 for preparing 1099 files to meet IRS specifications for 2018 electronic filing
- 1099 statements to your payees: Check your procedures for compliance with the specific rules for sending 1099 statements by mail, and the specific procedures for making 1099 statements available to your payees electronically.
- Recent IRS guidance: Learn about recent IRS rulings and compliance initiatives.
Learning objectives for this program:
- Identify IRS Form 1099 filing due dates and due date for furnishing copies to payees
- Identify payments reportable to the IRS on Form 1099-MISC
Marianne Couch, JD - Principal, Cokala Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC
Marianne Couch, JD, a Principal in the Cokala tax group since its founding early in 2007, is an experienced and well-known advisor on U.S. federal and state tax information reporting compliance. She is a frequent lecturer at major tax conferences and the author of The Master Guide to Form 1099 Compliance and numerous published articles. She is a founding partner of Cokala. Previously, she was for many years the Research Director of the tax reporting specialty firm Balance Consulting, and chaired special training and advisory services provided to large organizations and academic and nonprofit institutions. She also formerly served as the executive director of the National Association of Form 1099 Filers, Inc.
Marianne was an appointee for three years to the IRS Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC), where she was Chair of the IRPAC Subcommittee on Small Business and Self-Employed (SBSE) tax issues.
Marianne formerly served as a Research Attorney for the Michigan Court of Appeals, and earlier as a litigator for a large Michigan law firm, where she represented individuals and large clients in many types of civil actions. She received her JD, cum laude, from the Michigan State University School of Law, and is a member of the State Bar of Michigan.
Continuing education credits available!
Receive 2 CEUs toward AP & P2P/IOFM APM, APS, or APD recertification! The Accounts Payable Certification Program is designed to establish standards for the profession and recognize accounts payable professionals who, by possessing related work experience and passing a comprehensive exam, have met stringent requirements for mastering the accounts payable body of knowledge.
Receive 1.5 CPE credits through NASBA
IOFM, a business unit within Diversified Communications is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
To cancel your registration for this event, simply contact IOFM customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org (or call 207-842-5557) no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the event. You can choose to access the full recorded event, or, your credit may be applied toward the purchase of any IOFM product or interactive event. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with this program, we will provide a full refund — no questions asked!
For more information:
Contact Customer Service:
Phone: (207) 842-5557