This information-packed program will show you step-by-step how to organize and implement the process of preparing tax information returns 1099-MISC and 1042-S for reportable payments made in 2018. Plus, you’ll receive timely information about new developments in tax regulations, IRS Notices, forms and instructions for tax compliance in 2019.
- January 31 IRS filing due date for all Forms 1099-MISC that report an amount in box 7 “nonemployee compensation” – are filing extensions still available? – is IRS assessing penalties for missing the January 31 deadline?
- NEW required IRS procedure for any box 7 1099-MISC forms filed later than January 31
- Whether to report payments to LLCs, “Ltd”, LLP, PC
- Identifying the correct reportable Name and Tax ID Number of the reportable payee – to avoid errors and IRS Notices
- Which box to use on Form 1099-MISC – what qualifies as box 1 “rent”? – how to distinguish between box 3 “other” and box 7 “nonemployee compensation? – how to identify whether payments to attorneys or law firms belong in box 7 or box 14?
- Form 1042-S due dates for reporting certain payments made to non-U.S. individuals or entities
- Federal tax withholding: backup withholding reported on Form 945; foreign payee withholding reported on Form 1042
Learning objectives for this program:
- Identify IRS Form 1099 and 1042-S filing due dates and the due dates for furnishing copies to payees
- Identify payment types reportable on Forms 1099-MISC and 1042-S
Marianne Couch, JD - Principal, Cokala Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC
Marianne Couch, JD, a Principal in the Cokala tax group since its founding early in 2007, is an experienced and well-known advisor on U.S. federal and state tax information reporting compliance. She is a frequent lecturer at major tax conferences and the author of The Master Guide to Form 1099 Compliance and numerous published articles. She is a founding partner of Cokala. Previously, she was for many years the Research Director of the tax reporting specialty firm Balance Consulting, and chaired special training and advisory services provided to large organizations and academic and nonprofit institutions. She also formerly served as the executive director of the National Association of Form 1099 Filers, Inc.
Marianne was an appointee for three years to the IRS Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC), where she was Chair of the IRPAC Subcommittee on Small Business and Self-Employed (SBSE) tax issues.
Marianne formerly served as a Research Attorney for the Michigan Court of Appeals, and earlier as a litigator for a large Michigan law firm, where she represented individuals and large clients in many types of civil actions. She received her JD, cum laude, from the Michigan State University School of Law, and is a member of the State Bar of Michigan.
Continuing education credits available!
Receive 2 CEUs toward AP & P2P/IOFM APM, APS, or APD recertification! The Accounts Payable Certification Program is designed to establish standards for the profession and recognize accounts payable professionals who, by possessing related work experience and passing a comprehensive exam, have met stringent requirements for mastering the accounts payable body of knowledge.
Receive 1.5 CPE credits through NASBA
IOFM, a business unit within Diversified Communications is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
To cancel your registration for this event, simply contact IOFM customer service at [email protected] (or call 207-842-5557) no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the event. You can choose to access the full recorded event, or, your credit may be applied toward the purchase of any IOFM product or interactive event. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with this program, we will provide a full refund — no questions asked!
For more information:
Contact Customer Service:
Phone: (207) 842-5557
Email: [email protected]