Withholding requirement for political contributions

November 6, 2019


Q. We have political contributions, and these are employee contributions. The company is just facilitating the exchange between two parties. Generally, the entity paying is responsible for issuing Form 1099, although if the funds are paid to an intermediary, such as a broker or agent, it is this middleman who must issue the form. But the organization is a tax exempt organization, so we don't need to issue their 1099? And also, if the organization does not provide any valid tax ID and name, then…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise member — or upgrade your Starter membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500