Pave the way for a successful Form 1099 filing season, fewer corrections and less exposure to errors and penalties, with the timely information you’ll learn as we present a updated comprehensive Year-end Checklist:
- Are the necessary review, preparation, and filing tasks clearly defined and responsibilities assigned?
- Have you updated procedures and production to include the new Form 1099-NEC?
- Does your calendar of 1099 reporting tasks need to be updated?
- Has your system captured all of the information required on this year’s 1099 forms – Form 1099-MISC, the new Form 1099-NEC, and any additional Forms 1099 you’re required to file?
- Have you implemented a cutoff date for 2019 payments?
- Is your schedule adjusted for the elimination of extensions of time to file Form 1099-NEC for nonemployee compensation?
- Are you prepared to meet the deadlines for mailing or electronically furnishing 1099 statements to payees?
- Are you ready to file for extensions of the IRS filing due date for all forms that permit an extension?
- If you need to consolidate data from multiple systems or subsidiaries – or file data from an entity acquired this year – are you prepared for these tasks?
- Are there missing TINs in your 1099 reportable data, and if so do you have a regulatory requirement for solicitation before December 31?
- Identify best practices for preparing and filing 2020 Forms 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC.
Marianne Couch, JD - Principal, Cokala Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC
Marianne Couch, JD, is a Principal in the Cokala tax group and an experienced and well-known advisor on U.S. federal and state tax information reporting compliance. She is a frequent lecturer at major tax conferences and the author of The Master Guide to Form 1099 Compliance, The Master Guide to Form 1042-S Compliance and numerous published articles. Prior to co-founding Cokala in 2007, she was for many years the Research Director of the tax reporting specialty firm Balance Consulting, and chaired special training and advisory services provided to large organizations and academic and nonprofit institutions.
Marianne was an appointee for three years to the IRS Commissioner’s Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC), where she was Chair of the IRPAC Subcommittee on Small Business and Self-Employed (SBSE) tax issues.
Marianne formerly served as a Research Attorney for the Michigan Court of Appeals, and earlier as a litigator for a large Michigan law firm, where she represented individuals and large clients in many types of civil actions. She received her JD, cum laude, from the Michigan State University School of Law, and is a member of the State Bar of Michigan.
Continuing education credits available!
Continuing Education for IOFM Certification
Receive 2 CEUs toward maintaining a certification with IOFM! IOFM's premier certification programs are designed to establish standards for the industry and recognize financial operations professionals who, by possessing related work experience and passing a comprehensive exam, have met stringent requirements for mastering the body of knowledge in their profession. Additional rules may apply, depending on your certification. See full guidelines here.
Continuing Professional Education for NASBA
Receive 1.5 CPEs towards a CPA license with NASBA. IOFM, A Diversified Business Communications Company, is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors (Sponsor number: 112048) State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. For more information about our NASBA CPE Policies, visit IOFM.com/nasba-cpe.
To cancel your registration for this event, simply contact IOFM customer service at [email protected] (or call 207-842-5557) no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the event. You can choose to access the full recorded event, or, your credit may be applied toward the purchase of any IOFM product or interactive event. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with this program, we will provide a full refund — no questions asked!
For more information:
Contact Customer Service:
Phone: (207) 842-5557
Email: [email protected]