Correct W-8 form?

April 4, 2019


Q. If the beneficial owner of the payment is a Non-for-Profit organization and the services are provided outside USA, is the form they need to provide is W-8EXP or W-8BEN-E, checking the box for Tax-exempt organization Part I line 4? A. Foreign non-profit organizations provide the Form W-8EXP only if they qualify for tax-exempt status under U.S. law.  If they so qualify, they need to include the date the IRS issued the Determination Letter of Tax Exempt Status or, if they haven't applied for US…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise member — or upgrade your Starter membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500