Corrected 1099 to husband/wife dba

May 31, 2019


Q.¬†We have a husband/wife vendor whom we have been paying for years that provided a W-9 with the husband's SS # with a dba naming the Wife Or Husband (signed by the husband). Somewhere along the line, they divorced, but the wife continued receiving the payments payable to Wife Or Husband (the address was always the same). He is now being audited by the IRS, and the wife has contacted us to correct the 1099s for the last two years. We are seeking a W-9 to move forward with the wife as the…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise member — or upgrade your Starter membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500