Filing extensions for 1099-MISC forms

January 29, 2019


Q. I will be generating and filing roughly 15,000+ 1099-MISC forms this year for several clients/companies. The largest of these companies pays┬ánon-employee compensation (NEC) and royalties to their vendors. In the past, we have always submitted a filing extension to give our vendors 30 days to report any issues with their forms before we file with the IRS. In reviewing the 8809 Form from the IRS for 2018, I see that there are additional stipulations when requesting an extension for the…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise member — or upgrade your Starter membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500