Foreign advertising services

January 30, 2019


Q. We use several foreign vendors for advertising in their country. Would this be considered US-source income, and would it be reportable?  A. Services income is sourced based on where the services are performed.  Advertising is a service, so income will be sourced to where the service is provided.  If a foreign vendor, whose status is established as foreign using the applicable Form W-8 or IRS presumption rules, is providing services outside of the United States, and the services are…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise member — or upgrade your Starter membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500