Rental payments to a foreign vendor

October 9, 2019


Q. What income code should be used to report rent payments to a foreign vendor? We are in the process of setting up our finance system and we want to be sure we have account codes and rents (Form 1099 Box 1) also set up on the 1042 side of things.  This would be any type of rent that could be paid in the course of a calendar year: equipment, property, etc. A. (Answered by COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC, is a 3rd party, independent advisory services firm offering experienced and…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500