Reportability of "inconvenience payments" during construction

January 14, 2021


Q. We are looking at the impact that our construction is having on the apartments in the direct vicinity, I believe we need to take unusual measures to mitigate the disruption we are causing to these residents. It is being suggested we provide payments to each household that would cover the cost of rent and utilities plus an “inconvenience fee” of perhaps $200 for each month or portion of a month the above ground HDPE is there. In round numbers I am thinking that is around $1000/unit per month.…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500