Reportable vendor sold to a corporation

January 7, 2020


Q. One of our vendors that was 1099 reportable was sold to another company that is Incorporated and not reportable. I searched and found two different answers on how to handle the 1099-MISC for 2019. One answer said that I send a 1099 to the old company (Company A) at their old location (I'm not sure if it's still open) for the amount we paid them, then I send a 1099 to the new company (Company B) that acquired them. The second answer I found said that I send the 1099 to Company B (new company)…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500