Reporting of assistance payments made to an organization

January 29, 2021


Q. We are a public foundation that provides assistance payments for those that apply for help. We make payments directly to the company or entity, not to the individual who applied for assistance. Most often these are for rent or utilities. Do we issue 1099s to the entity we made the payment to for the rent payment on behalf of these individuals, provided it is not a corporation, government or non-profit entity? A. (Answered by a 3rd party, independent advisory services firm offering…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500