Reporting of disbursements of federal funds for COVID relief

July 8, 2020


Q.¬†As a governmental entity, we will be disbursing federal funds aimed at assisting small businesses with the costs of business interruption caused by required closures. The maximum an individual/entity can receive is no more than $10,000.00. The payments can be for documented expenses and/or for draw downs. Draw downs would be where they would have paid themselves a salary. My question is how this is to be reported if the entity is not a corporation. Would the dollars paid be reported as…

  Free with Starter Membership!

Join IOFM today as a Free Starter Member to get access to hundreds of Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500