Subrogation demands paid by one insurance company to another

November 14, 2019


Q. I want to confirm that a company that provides us with a W-8 EXP with a US TIN exempts us from filing 1042-S by March 15th. Also, we are an insurance company paying subro demands to another insurance company. Are subro demands exempt from requiring W-8s before payment is released? Do we need to file a 1042-S for all payments made in any dollar amount, even if they are to another insurance company? A. (Answered by COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC, a 3rd party, independent…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500