Vendor with both a US tax ID and a foreign TIN

February 21, 2019


Q. I am still confused about the foreign vendors and my responsibility in regards to tax reporting. I have a vendor with a W-8BEN-E that has a US Tax ID and a Foreign TIN. Which one do I use? They do not conduct business though a US permanent establishment and the form states that income is not subject to US taxation or withholding. Does this mean I do not have to report any payments to the IRS? Do I need to report to their country? If so, how would I do that?  A. This subject is too complex to…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500