Course type: Self-study course ($895) plus 6-hour Live, Online Class via WebEx ($100)
Registration fee: $995 per learner (Member discounts of 10%-20% apply. You are not required to be a Member to enroll.)
Designation Earned: Accredited Payables Specialist (APS)
Designed for: The Accounts Payable Specialist (APS) Certification Program is designed for individuals responsible for executing AP processes. This course can serve as a career catalyst for those new to AP, as well as for those who have been in an AP role for years but who are looking to adopt best practices used by other AP departments.
The Accounts Payable Specialist Certification Program covers AP fundamentals, best practices, and regulatory compliance, all of which are necessary to excel in the accounts payable field. The content is best suited for those below the Manager level.
Key areas of study include: Internal Controls, Tax and Regulatory, Vendor Master File, Invoices, Payments, T&E, Technology and Automation. View complete table of contents here.
Learning objectives for 6-hour supplemental review webinar:
- Prepare for your APS Certification Final Exam to earn your Accredited Payables Specialist credentials
- Review peer-tested best practices for each phase of the payment process – from receipt of invoice, through processing and payment.
- Learn how to mitigate risks stemming from tax laws, as well as T&E-related fraud and abuse.
- Explore how automation will continue to adjust how you do what you do
- Receive answers to your questions live from our expert trainers
Live Review Instructor
Christine Battles, APPM, APS, Sr. Accounts Payable Manager, UniFirst Corporation
Christine Battles has more than 18 years of AP experience and is passionate about re-engineering processes, streamlining and maximizing efficiencies, defining and documenting policies and procedures, looking for opportunities to mentor, grow & develop individuals, while insuring necessary compliance controls.