IOFM Members rely on “Ask the Expert” whenever they’re stumped. IOFM's tax experts are standing by, ready to answer your 1099 compliance questions. And a panel of more than 100 AP practice leaders are also on call for your next best practice question.

1099 mailed to recipient's old address

February 7, 2024
February 7, 2024


Q. We mailed a 1099 to a recipient and it had their old address. Do we have to submit their new address to the IRS? Can we just mail their 1099 in an envelope with their new address or do we have to actually redo their 1099 so the new address in on their 1099? A. (Answered by IOFM's third-party tax experts) No, you do not file a corrected Form 1099 to the IRS just to provide a recipient's new address.  Yes, you can simply re-mail the Form 1099 to the recipient in a new envelope.  Reference both…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500