IOFM Members rely on “Ask the Expert” whenever they’re stumped. IOFM's tax experts are standing by, ready to answer your 1099 compliance questions. And a panel of more than 100 AP practice leaders are also on call for your next best practice question.

Invoices to be paid to a different party than the one on the W-9

November 8, 2023
November 8, 2023


Q. In a hospital /  healthcare setting, we have vendors who turn in their W-9s with their group corporation shown, but on their invoices they want the checks made out to the actual doctor. Another example is a vendor who lists their corporation on the W-9 form, but wants a personal name on the invoices. Is this valid, or do the W-9 names and remit-to names on the invoices have to match? A. (Answered by IOFM’s third-party tax expert Jason Dinesen, LPA, EA, of Dinesen Tax & Accounting…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500