IOFM Members rely on “Ask the Expert” whenever they’re stumped. IOFM's tax experts are standing by, ready to answer your 1099 compliance questions. And a panel of more than 100 AP practice leaders are also on call for your next best practice question.

Parent company has a different EIN that the one we do business with

June 13, 2024
June 13, 2024


Q. The owner of a company we do business with is a holdings corporation (C corporation) with an EIN different than the company we are dealing with, which is a single member LLC disregarded entity. How do I set this up? Which company name and EIN should I use? Is either one 1099 reportable? A. (Answered by IOFM's third-party tax experts) The parent company which owns the DE is the recipient entity for Forms 1099 information reporting purposes – any 1099 returns would show the parent entity's…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500