1042-S reporting scenarios

January 6, 2022


Q.┬áMy first question is in relation to payment of $600 made to a resident of Chile. The individual stayed in the United States for 2 days and received an honorarium. Do I withhold 30% from the payment and file a 1042-S?My second question relates to an individual who performs services outside of the United States in a non treaty country but receives US income. Should 30% tax be withheld from payment and file a 1042-S? A. (Answered by a 3rd party, independent advisory services firm offering…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500