Foreign contractors working remotely on U.S. technology systems

March 10, 2023
March 10, 2023


Q. My company has contractors that reside in India and our working in our company's IT systems that reside in the US. Are these services considered U.S.-source income? A. (Answered by IOFM's third-party tax experts) No, if the individuals are independent contractors who perform these services while the individuals are physically located outside of the United States, the payments will be categorized as non-U.S. source income. 96928  

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500