Foreign supplier doing business in the U.S.

June 15, 2021


Q. I have a request to set up a supplier located in Ireland registered as a corporation. They provided a W-8 with a US Tax ID listed. They have a U.S. division with a tax ID that matches the IRS records. Payments will be made to the U.S. location. They will be providing a service to our company. Is there any tax reporting that needs to be done at year end? Are we required to withhold from this supplier based on the W-8 that was provided? A. (Answered by a 3rd party, independent advisory…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500