Reporting payments to a talent agent

November 15, 2022


Q. We are contracted with an agent who is provides performers for various events. The agent is an LLC-Partnership. If the performers are not employees of the agent, do we have any reporting responsibility to the agent or the performers? A. (Answered by IOFM’s third-party tax experts) If your contract is with the LLC for its service of providing programs/performers, those payments to the LLC are Form 1099-NEC reportable with the LLC named as "Recipient" of the income.  But if the University…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500