IOFM Members rely on “Ask the Expert” whenever they’re stumped. IOFM's tax experts are standing by, ready to answer your 1099 compliance questions. And a panel of more than 100 AP practice leaders are also on call for your next best practice question.

Handling Tax Withholding Obligations for Foreign Vendor PCard Transactions

March 27, 2024
March 27, 2024


Q. I am reporting PCard transaction to foreign vendors from 2023. At the time of purchase I did not have a W-8 form and did not withhold funds. I am now calculating what should have been withheld on some of the transactions. Where on the 1042S is this amount entered and how does it get paid to the IRS? A. Answered by IOFM's third-party tax experts. If you've identified that income paid to a foreign vendor was "sourced" to the United States (two examples: for services performed in the U.S., or…

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500