IOFM Members rely on “Ask the Expert” whenever they’re stumped. IOFM's tax experts are standing by, ready to answer your 1099 compliance questions. And a panel of more than 100 AP practice leaders are also on call for your next best practice question.

Best VMF practice for vendor changing name and tax ID

June 13, 2024
June 13, 2024


Q. We have a company that is changing name and tax ID. The vendor is providing the same materials, is not 1099 reportable (corporation), will have same payment address, same invoice naming convention, and will accept all POs under the old name. Would it be best practice to create a new supplier number and recreate all the open POs due to the tax ID change? Or is it acceptable to keep the vendor number and update the tax ID and name? I have concern that changing the supplier ID will allow our…

  Become A Member

Join IOFM today as a Professional, Business, or Enterprise Member — or upgrade your Starter Membership — to get access to this content and thousands of other Articles, Webinars, Expert Answers, Resource Downloads, and more!

Join Today

Naturally, this forum doesn’t allow the kind of full information exchange necessary for the Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) to provide legal advice and the Expert is not a tax attorney in any event. Please understand that the nature of our responses are limited by these constraints as well as the site’s Terms of Use. If you have further questions or suggestions about how we can improve IOFM, please let us know. 
Ask The Expert is a member resource of IOFM and all advice provided is subject to site’s Terms of Use.

Subscribe to our Monthly Insider

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500